Sunday, July 11, 2010

Week 21

This week was a long one for us. On Monday we were going to wrap up our visit with Aunt Jess with a trip to the beach, but it was too chilly. So we spent the day in the backyard instead. And no trip to California is complete without a visit to Yogurt Factory. Well, Lincoln sat down at the table to eat dinner, refused to eat, and started slurring his words. Then he fell asleep at the table.




















So we packed the kiddos up in the car and went to get yogurt in shifts. Lincoln was so out of it, that he didn't even know what was going on. I noticed he was really warm to the touch, then he was still running a fever the next day. He kept refusing to eat, saying it hurt "my owies in my mouth". However, he wouldn't let me look. He even refused icecream---so I knew something was up. I took him to the doctor and we found out that hand, foot and mouth disease is going around. It is viral, so it would just have to run its course. But she also thought it looked like Strep, so she called in an antibiotic to go ahead and treat it just in case and we will wait for the lab results later. Both are no longer contagious after being 24 hours fever free. He started feeling better instantly and was as good as new on Thursday morning and ready for swim lessons. Luckily Corinne showed no signs or symptoms of whatever Lincoln had. But most of our week was spent recovering from the illness, drinking Carnation Instant Breakfast for meals, and watching a lot of Cartoons on the couch

Colton was having an off day from being overly tired.














So Lincoln got a somewhat private lesson.















He is practicing keeping his head above the water and making it to the side of the pool.















Hopefully next week Colton will be well rested so the two wild boys can have some more fun in the pool. And we definitely have to bring Colton here-------->





















On Friday we met with the Mommy and Me group out in Hemet at the Aquatic Center. It was so much fun. I wish I could have gotten some pics of Linc actually playing and coming down the slides, but random water shoots out from everywhere and I didn't want to risk soaking the camera. Not to mention I had Corinne on my hip the whole time and was in a constant search for Lincoln among the chaos. Here is a pic of him saying "Cheese! Get back in the water!"




















We can't wait to go back. It was only $6 for the 3 of us for 2 hours of play---not bad considering the drive is much shorter than our usual commute to other activities for the kids. Corinne really enjoyed it too. I think it is the first time she has been in deep water, but been able to touch. She kept trying to shake my hand loose from hers so that she could roam free. Too bad for her, that I am an expert on the hand holding death grip.




















Dealing with Linc being under the weather put off our trip to the grocery store and we started to run low on food. Corinne decided to improvise and just eat her foot.




















She says "What Mommy??? It's yummy, here you try!"




















Lincoln has also developed a big passion for snuggling with Corinne and giving her big "squeezies" and kisses. (This might be because he earns a bean in his jar for being nice to his sister. 25 beans = a trip to Yogurt Factory at the end of the week. Bad behavior = a bean lost) Either way, I love these moments.
















There is something so sweet about sibling love and seeing how happy Corinne is to get extra attention from Lincoln that she works so hard at all day.
















I also tried to get Corinne used to wearing a head band this week.






















She had a slight Flapper look to her, but I will do anything to control her mane.




















This is her pissed off face--Lincoln just stole a toy from her.





















But she was back to being ever so sweet only moments later.




















We did find some time to goof around on Saturday.
















And our "Little Guy" got a haircut. It was getting a bit too unruly like Corinne's so he ended up with a flat top. Next week, we might try a mohawk, but I think any sort of fade is out of the question.




















We are super excited for next week when the Hackney's are in town! Last time we saw them was October 2008. Both Lincoln and Cami were in diapers and we both have added a member to our crew.
Here they are at our last visit to Cincinnati. They were such itter-bitters then.















Although I am pretty sure Jason will put a halt to bathing together, we hope to have lots of fun with them at the beach, pool, zoo, etc.
















Let's just hope they are both still as loving as they were back then!

















QUOTES OF THE WEEK

Quote 1:
After I see Lincoln jump from one couch to the other in the family room.
Me: "Lincoln!"
Lincoln: "I was just flyin'"
Me: "Well, little boys don't fly."
Lincoln: "Yeah, we're not airplanes!"

Quote 2:
While I was trying to get him to eat anything.
Lincoln: "I want Lucky Cheerios for dinner!"
Me: "Huh??? Oh Lucky Charms?"
I was hopeful that my kids would eat and enjoy the entire contents of the box, so I had a stupid moment and bought a large supply from Sam's Club the other day when Lincoln said he wanted them. At that point I just wanted him to eat SOMETHING--so I folded. And like most kids, mine just pick out the marshmallows and "save the rest of later". Corinne at least throws hers on the floor for Chomper to finish off. Now I am left with 2 huge bags to get rid of, but Chomper is a very happy dog. Everyone seems to think that I starve him to death, so you all can rest assured that Corinne sneaks him all kinds of goodies!

Quote 3:
While skyping with Nathan, he shows us his "owies" on his hands from lifting weights outside in 120 degree heat---leaving him with major blisters. Luckily his gloves arrived in the mail and they are healing.
Nathan: "See Dada's owies?"
Lincoln: "I will take care of you when you get home." To me "We need to get Dada a band-aid and some medicine for his owies when he gets home."
Me: "Are we going to take care of Dada when he gets home?"
Lincoln: "No! I am going to take care of Dada. Not you, just me!"

No comments:

Post a Comment