Thursday, April 19, 2012

Week 17, Round 2

Last week was draining to say the least.  We still managed to stay busy and squeeze in fun with friends, but the ever-looming orders seemed to hang over my head and enter my thoughts no matter how many times I tried to just forget about them.  It felt like I was constantly doing research, getting new information and input from a friend, waiting to relay the message to Nathan, thinking it over and weighing our options, then making a decision, then changing our minds!  Chaos as always I suppose.  What is most annoying is that we have yet to hear back from the guy in charge about when we might have to execute these orders.

Thursday night was our last night with the Booths in our house and Cary treated us to a dinner of cilantro chicken salad.  Lincoln wanted to help, and Cary lovingly obliged and put Lincoln in charge of ripping up the cilantro.  I think one of the main reasons he wanted to help was so he could sneak bites.  He ate a good deal of his dinner on the countertop that night.  It was yummy and I discovered one more meal Lincoln will readily chow down.  I was also happy to not cook!

On Friday, we spent the day trying to clean up the house and get everything back in order after having house guests.  I also spent a huge chunk of time researching Cherry Point and Norfolk.  I decided to set the kids up with a project using their new markers from Easter.  This is what happens when I walk out of the room and leave my kids with markers in hand.  Corinne kept saying, "Look I'm bleeding.  I need a Band-Aid!"

After I cleaned them up, we had a relaxing evening together with some good, clean fun making princess mosaics!  Thank you Mimi and Grandpa Jinks!  I was really impressed that Lincoln helped Corinne get over her frustrations of the little pieces sticking to her fingers.  They were working as a team, and it is moments like these that make my heart so happy--reminding me that the stupid orders or an up-coming move are not really all that important.  What matters most is my wonderful family. 
Saturday morning, we were up at the crack of dawn for sports camp.  Lincoln really enjoyed baseball this time around, since he came with his own lefty glove. 
It finally warmed up towards the end of practice allowing Corinne to enjoy a few rolls down the hill.

After practice we headed home to clean up for Jenn's baptism into the Mormon faith.  The kids did quite well considering it was one of their first times sitting through an adult service.  Corinne kept wanting to go for a swim in the tub.  Afterwards I snapped a pic of Hunter with Lincoln and Corinne, knowing it was the last time the three of them would be together for awhile.
After the service we drove over to the temporary Booth residence on base to help with some unpacking.  I am not sure I bring much to the table as far as help these days since Thing 1 and Thing 2 bring their fair share of trouble along, but we had fun checking out the new place.  It as odd to finally see all of Cary and Jason's stuff in one spot since they too (even more so) have been carted all over the world in the past 10 years.  I left their place with a box of goodies for Lincoln--clothes, race tracks, and books--and a new big Keurig for myself!  What a wonderful surprise and we are all so very thankful!  Thank you Booth Family!

Monday afternoon we met Amber, Jenn, and Brittany at the park to play and feed the ducks as well as celebrate Amber and Jenn's birthday!  Happy Birthday Old Ladies!  Hope your 30th year is the best yet!

It was nice to finally enjoy some nice weather. 
We started out feeding the ducks in our safe spot from the rocks.  But the boys chased the ducks and scared them into the water.

So we moved down towards the edge--making me super nervous.  The kids still managed to have a blast despite my constant nagging to "Step back, away from the water!"

Linda came over Monday evening to watch the kids while I went to the dentist (I know what fun huh)?  Then she stayed and we finally got a chance to catch up and catch some HGTV after the kids were in bed.  I also finally returned the loaner Keurig to Linda.  Thank you Linda for introducing me to no-brainer coffee and saving my mornings!

Tuesday was a crazy day for us.  We started out with our usual trip to speech, then we headed home for lunch.  It was a beautiful day and it would have been awesome to spend it at the beach or the park, but I needed to make the drive out to 29 Palms to see how bad it really is from our house.  My neighbor Margie and her son CJ came with us.  Once again I was reminded what great friends we have.  Who in their right mind would volunteer to ride in the car with us out to the middle of nowhere?  So I packed up the kids, piled in the carseats (Turns out I can fit 3 carseats in the back of my Escape.  It must be done strategically, but it can be done!) and hit the road. 
We arrived just in time to have a little fun on a tiny patch of green space on base before leaving a little after the base traffic started to pile up to head out the main gate. I followed line of Marines out, then headed home. It took me exactly two hours. The good part is that there was almost no traffic and I was always moving at a good speed. The drive is actually kind of pretty, but the downside is that it still took a solid two hours.  I'm just not sure what kind of toll this long of a commute will take on Nathan.  I know that if he carpools it won't seem half as bad with someone to talk to along the way.

Not 15 minutes after pulling into the driveway, the Warrens and Booths pulled in as well.  We through together an impromptu "Going Away/Welcome" dinner for a part of the old Okinawa crew.  It didn't seem quite right without Nathan there, and we all chatted about how we hoped that we would all eventually end up in the same spot again.

Before Jenn and Warren took off on their next adventure I stole one last picture.  I hope their cross country trip is a memorable one and that the rest of their move goes smoothly!

Wednesday was awesome!  Nathan had called Jessica and requested that she arrange a spa day for me.  Apparently he knew I was in need of some serious relaxation.  The best thing about it was that I didn't know where we were going or what we were doing, just that I needed to wear a swimsuit.  Jessica is awesome and arranged for her mom to watch all four of our kiddos while we escaped for the day to Glen Ivy Hot Springs.  It was soooo nice to get away for some much-needed pampering.  We started our day off with a phenomenal massage.  Then we enjoyed a delicious lunch poolside.  Next we sipped a glass of sparkling wine while floating on a raft and soaking up some rays.  I realized it was the first time I have floated on a raft in a pool and was able to sunbathe since being pregnant with Lincoln--It was awesome!  After our tanning session we headed down to the Grotto for an aloe paint treatment to hydrate our skin.  I could have spent all day there, and I think someday soon I will try to go back and do just that.  There was so much more to do that we didn't have time to check out.  Before leaving we snapped this pic and the two of us decided that on our next spa day, we will take pictures before we get coated in oil and caked in mud and left to sweat! 

It was awesome.  I loved every minute of it, and I am so thankful they took me by surprise because I never would have made the time or wanted to spend the money to do this for myself.  It was the best!  I have the best husband and friends ever!  Thank you Nathan, Jessica, and Nancy for making my day of pampering possible!  I came back to two very exhausted kids that had a blast playing in the water in Jessica's back yard with some of their best buddies.

QUOTES OF THE WEEK

Quote 1:  Randomly while driving.
Lincoln:  "Am I going to have huge hairs on my belly one day when I get old?"
Me:  "Maybe--it is definitely a possibility."
Lincoln:  "Why because Daddy does?"
Me:  "Yep, it could happen to you too!"
What can I say, it's in his genes.

Quote 2:  Corinne is keeping herself busy while Cary shows me pictures from their house hunt.
Corinne:  "This is the girl.  She is a mom."
Notice the general face, arms, legs, and what appears to be hair--although it might be armpit hair.
Corinne flips the picture over.Corinne:  "This side is the Dad.  That is his weenie.  You can see it because he is in the shower."
Cary:  "Oh that's nice."  Tries to hold a straight face.
Corinne:  "You can have it.  I made this picture for you.  You can take it home and put it on your fridge.  It can go home with you."
I'm not sure what to think of my little artist.  Does she really think they come that big?  What about the Daddy's face?  Where is it?  Perhaps she is creating with a man's heart in mind, knowing that most men could care less about what you think of their face as long as you remember the good parts!  Cary left the picture at my house--seeing as it isn't really fridge appropiate.  This little gem is going in her baby book!

No comments:

Post a Comment