Monday, August 2, 2010

Ruthipoo

So, my wonderful cousin Ruth is expecting a baby girl towards the end of this month. Here she is now, doesn't she look lovely pregnant?




















Being so far away, I didn't know what to get her for a shower gift at first. I could always pick something off of her registry, but then I would have to ship it. A gift card would be easy, but pretty impersonal. Then I noticed this pic that she posted on Face Book and thought..."Hmmm this room needs some personalization!"
















So I went to work on some letters for Miss Madelyn Ann's wall. My other cousin, Jessica, helped me make some design decisions and kept me company while I brushed coat after coat of paint. And here is the finished product that I promised in an earlier blog.















I didn't want to ruin the surprise...




















And I was waiting on Ruthipoo to send me pics of the letters in the room. Now doesn't that look nice! (I am not sure if they are planning on ripping the ribbons off, or just haven't found the right color of thumb tacks to hold them up.) Well done hanging them up Adam!















Now I just need a picture of my newest cousin to complete this blog thing, but I suppose I will have to be patient like Madelyn's mama and just wait it out until the big day!

No comments:

Post a Comment