Monday, April 12, 2010

Week 8
















Last week was exhausting, so after some good rest we were ready to get back to our normal schedule. We did a lot of errand running, but mostly stayed home and caught up on some chores. I would say all-in-all it was a good week. We went 7 full days without an accident from Lincoln and celebrated by going out for ice cream. He even mastered the art of pooping in the potty without eating grapes and watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse! Twice he got up from a nap to poop and hollered for me at the door to come wipe him before heading back to bed! Yay!


So I thought our potty troubles were over---then Sunday rolled around. During Lincoln's nap, he came to his bedroom door with his undies twisted and he needed help getting them down to pee. Then while he was sitting there he said "I peed on that table". I was like "huh" and frantically searched the floor for a wet spot around his bedside table. Legos were dumped all over the floor surrounding the table, so I was looking for awhile and he kept repeating himself. Then I found it---He had stood in his bed and peed on his bedside table, all over the stuffed dogs, his books, his legos, etc. I mean SOAKED the place. I was instantly furious. That was not an accident---that is him playing fire hose! I threw all the legos in a laundry basket and then wiped down the table and his bed and took the book and cleaned it and the stuffed animals. After explaining how disappointed I was in him, he got a lesson in responsibility and taking care of things. After a good threat to take away his new bed and make him sleep on the floor, the feeling of deep remorse hit him and he continued to say "I am so sorry Mama" and "I don't know why I did that!" I had to take the legos outside and put them in a cooler in bleach water, rinse them, dump then in a laundry basket for a shake and then throw them on a towel outside in the sun. Then I had to transfer towels and shake them up, and eventually put them in the garage. He won't be getting them back any time soon---we have to have one week without accidents! Just when I thought we were making progress he decides to play squirt gun with is weenie!


 
After a canceled play date due to sickness, I took the kids to the park to burn off some energy.



















Corinne took her first ride in a real swing by herself---right next to her brother.

















Although she seemed to enjoy it, I am not entirely convinced that she loved it....she kept looking down the whole time, as to make sure she wasn't going to fly out.





















Yay--the toy cubbies are finally complete (minus the baskets that should arrive any day). Kudos to Nathan for his first big carpentry project that he tackled with the help of Warren and his dad. And a big thanks to Grandpa Jinks for finishing them so I can finally organize the chaos!



















Corinne is enjoying her new bead maze that she got for her birthday---a few days late because I forgot where I hid it--Oops!




















Corinne is learning how to text. She is getting better and better every day, since we all know her mom is behind the power curve in the "texting department" and she is strictly self taught.


















The kids put on a concert for me featuring the "ABC's".


 


















Lincoln was the lead of course!



















Corinne decided she was best as a back-up dancer. And I have to say, the girl has rhythm.

 



















Corinne gave Chomper a full examination.














And got a little relax time in with him while Lincoln was napping.



















 

Lincoln continues to wear all of my shoes, but seems to be coordinating them to his outfits better.




















We played a lot of ball this week.









































They started a new game where Lincoln stands on top of the chair and throws the ball as far as he can.



















Then they see who can get to it the fastest.








































Even if Corinne wins, Lincoln snatches the ball up for another round!


We got a lot done this week. We did a lot of playing and a lot of errand running, but Lincoln missed his nap one day and decided to come hang with me outside instead. He ended up falling asleep at the dinner table.






















Quotes of the WeekQuote 1:
Randomly while we were sitting on the couch together...not talking about dinosaurs.
Lincoln: "Oh no, that dinosaur going to eat my shirt. I'm going to have to run and jump over that fence so that naughty dinosaur doesn't bite my shirt and rip it!"
Me: "Okay, whatever you say."

Quote 2:
Thirty minutes or so after laying him down for a nap for the second time Lincoln wanders outside to join me on my towel as I lay in the sun.
Me: "No nap today? You are supposed to be napping. What did you do, climb the gate at your door?"
Lincoln: (right before snatching up my water bottle for a huge gulp) "I sure did Mama!" (gulp, gulp, smile) "Take my shirt off! I want to lay in the sun with you!"

Quote 3:
After eating his banana that I stategically only cut the top part off slightly so that it can talk.
Lincoln: "That talking nana really sad. I eat his brains!"

Quote 4:
While outside and the neighbors dog, Hope, is scratching at the fence. This kid must be Dr. Doolittle.
Me: "Say hi to Hope."
Lincoln: "Hi Hope. How you doing Hope? Good? Good...I playin' outside. See you later!" and runs off to the other side of the yard.

Quote 5: (my personal favorite!)
While I was making lunch for the kids after church.
Lincoln: "Oh wow Mama, you look so pretty!"
Me: while running over to steal a kiss "Thanks, baby! That is so nice of you to say!"
Lincoln: "Oh and pretty earrings too!"

Quote 6:
While smiling for the camera
Lincoln: "Cheese....cheese and tater tots!" Don't know where this kid comes up with this stuff!

1 comment:

  1. How does Nate feel about Lincoln wearing your shoes? HAHA! It's cute. I love the banana quote. And the pee story, well not much I can say there. You handled it like a pro. A good laugh story for down the road, but not funny at the time I'm sure. Miss ya.

    ReplyDelete