Monday, April 5, 2010

Week 6

Wow, time has been going by so fast! These past few weeks have been so busy and chaotic, but full of fun.
We started out by going to Mr. Joe's Farm with a Mom's group. It was definitely not the Indiana farm I expected complete with a hayride and big red barn. Jessica described it best as a "junk yard farm". But it did have an African tortoise, peacock, camel, Llamas, alpacas, miniature donkeys, and the usual stuff (chickens, sheep, goats, pigs in all types of varieties).

Lincoln asking "Whatcha doin' Goat???"














Enjoying the animals.

























Feeding some goats.















Lincoln was just as impressed by the big rocks to climb. Apparently the alpacas like to climb this rock too!




















On Friday we went to Circus Vargas. It was a small, one ring circus without animals. We had to skip our nap that day and it made Lincoln very impatient during the scene changes. When the clown would come out to entertain us he would turn and say "It over Mama!" He was obviously not a fan of the clown, but Corinne L-O-V-E-D the music and dancing, and would only take her eyes off of the show to turn and steal a kiss from me.



















Lincoln was more focused on the cotton candy and popcorn.




















We had to head out to the car for a potty break (yes, I carry a potty in my car when restrooms are questionable or not available at all) only to return to the news of a 15 min. intermission. I mean, who has a 15 min. intermission for a small circus for young kids! I was like, "well the show is over for us!" It was too hot and Lincoln was too restless. We headed home and after 2 min. of driving he was out like a light for the rest of the night! Next time we head to the circus, it will be the Ringling Brothers! It was entertaining---kinda.

Lincoln's early bedtime, worked out perfectly, so I could work on Corinne's giraffe cake (with the help of Linda and Stephanie) that was slightly reminiscent of an alien.

















Then we geared up for the party and picked up Aunt Linda and Grandpa Jinks!




















Corinne and Lincoln were very excited to have Linny and Grandpa Jinks around and I was super thankful for the help. If Nathan is still gone for Lincoln's birthday, we will be doing something very low-key in September because I don't think I could have pulled it all together without their help.




















Some of our favorite people came out to celebrate, eat, play "pin the tail on the giraffe" and tear open presents.




































Of course, Corinne was most impressed by the paper.














We sang happy birthday!














And she dug right in!














After a long day, with no afternoon nap, it was time to snuggle up with Grandpa for some much needed relax time.














Corinne got some great toys, books, and outfits, but......
















A girl after my own heart--her favorite presents of all were her new shoes! She also discovered she likes to play in the grass now that she has shoes that fit!



















We had a great day---exhausting, but great. I can't believe our baby is one year old already. The only thing that could have made it better would have been to have Daddy there with us! But he did send the princess some beautiful flowers!
And that just about made our day!
QUOTES OF THE WEEK
Quote 1: Upon waking up to my dad and Linda.
Lincoln: "Oh I need some of those pretty Mimi donuts!" (crumb top donuts sent from Indiana)
Lincoln insisted that everything was from Mimi and refused to give Grandpa Jinks any credit the entire week.
Quote 2:
Lincoln: "My Mimi loves me very much. She got me this elephant!"
Grandpa Jinks: "I found it for you while I was shopping with Mimi! I picked it out!"
Lincoln: "Mimi bought me this. She loves me very much!"

1 comment:

  1. Hey girl! You did a great job on the giraffe cake! How did you get the hair to stand up after all? You look great and so do your rug rats. Can't believe Corinne is 1 already. Maybe we'll make a trip to CA soon and see you guys. Take care.

    ReplyDelete