Sunday, May 30, 2010

Week 15

This week was busy, but still relaxing. We geared up for Lincoln's last day of school until August and had a play date too. It was unusually cold outside earlier in the week, but warmed up into the 80s for the weekend. Lincoln entertained me all week with his latest questions of "What you doin' Mama?" and "What's that about?". His little lingo with the head tilt and the way he asks me, just crack me up. Corinne continues to entertain us with her dance moves. I swear she was going to flip from her back into a standing position last night---she sure is a wild one. Maybe she is destined to be on America's Best Dance Crew one of these days!

We got some new "non-choking hazard" dress up for the kids from Nana. It goes great with their play kitchen and in the real one when they help me out.





















Corinne and I had a tea party--complete with her tutu outfit!





















She loves to make sluppy noises as she pretend sips from her cup.





















On Lincoln's last day of school, he got a special crown and certificate of participation. Some of the older kids got graduate hats and diplomas. And it finally clicked for me as to why he might be having so much trouble listening in school and why he gets so upset over small things while we are there. So here is my theory....For the most part, we hang around other moms and their kids and he rarely sees dads. Well, school is a different story, and there are always dads there as it is a "parent and me" class. I think he gets angry seeing other kids with their dads, yet doesn't know how to vocalize it and in turn acts up. This week a light went off in my head when the teacher said "Now go sit on Mommy or Daddy's lap." Lincoln runs up to Mrs. Russo and says "My daddy's gone!" in a sad voice and slowly drags his feet as he walks over to my lap.















I will have to say that I am thankful for summer break and hope that by next August Lincoln has practiced his listening skills enough to get through the 2.5 hr. class without me having to drag him out into the hall for a "this means business talk".















We spent one evening playing with Legos.
















But no matter how hard we try, we can't get that stupid Lightning McQueen tractor trailer to stay together.
















I let Corinne jump on my bed one morning when Lincoln slept in.
















We visited a new park with the Lewisons that has rocks that shoot water!















Luckily Corinne was more interested in gathering discarded shoes than playing in the water.















Our umbrella finally arrived from Little Tikes and we were able to enjoy a picnic in the shade!




















Although the concept of eating outside makes Lincoln soooo sidetracked, that it takes us twice as long to finish a meal.
















Afterwards the kids played in the pool. Lincoln tried to pamper Corinne with a pool filled with rose petals.

















She was not too impressed and spent most of the time trying to pick them out.




















I somehow managed to successfully keep a hat on her head all day.





















Lincoln was super tempted to spray his sister with the hose, like he did with Colton last week!
















Later they relaxed in my chair with some yummy "Mama drink" as Lincoln calls it.
















He was not up for sharing at first.
















But I made him kiss and make up.
















Grammy also sent us a surprise package of caterpillars in the mail. At first Lincoln said "I not like caterpillars. I like butterflies", but now that he can see them growing and getting fatter and longer each day---he is very excited. He is constantly running into check on their progress! We are hoping they hatch during Grammy's visit in early June.




















QUOTES OF THE WEEK



Quote 1:
While going over all his body parts and trying to teach Corinne.
Me: "What's this?" Pointing to his ankle.
Lincoln: "It's an elbow on my feet!"



Quote 2:
Hollering from the backseat of the car.
Lincoln: "I made a toot Mama!"
Me: "Oh man, was it a stinky toot?"
Lincoln: "No, it was a clean toot!"
Who knew those even existed???


Quote 3:
Upon entering Lincoln's room when he was supposed to be napping.
Lincoln: "Good morning Mama!" with a big smile and the sweetest little voice.
Me: "Good afternoon Lincoln. You are supposed to be napping."
Lincoln: "No, it's good morning." with a head tilt and a smile "You sleep good? You have a good nap?"


Quote 4:
While examining his nipples.
Lincoln: "I not have boobies. One of my boobies has boobie milk in it for Sissy."


Quote 5:
At prayer time.
Lincoln: "And that Mommy not yell. That makes God really sad." with a head tilt and hands up in the air.
Me: I gotta defend myself here. "It also makes God really sad when you don't listen."


Quote 6: My personal favorite of the week--totally unprovoked and out of his own mind!
While skyping with Nathan for the 2nd time since he has deployed---this time during the daytime in Afghanistan so we can see his face.
Lincoln: "Oh Dada, you got dirt on your face. What's that poopy on your face?" referring to his disgusting mustache. Nathan leans in closer so he can have a better look, but the picture is still blurry.
Nathan: "That's hair kiddo. That is my scruffy!"
Lincoln: "Oh get that Chompy poopy off your face. That is dirty!"
Me: "Do you think Chompy mailed Dada some poop to put on his face?"
Lincoln: "Yes, that is dirty poop on his face. That's yucky!"

No comments:

Post a Comment