Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father's Day

Today is the day that we honor all the dads in the world for all the hard work and dedication that they put into their families. Well, first I would like to mention that anyone in the male species can father a child, but it takes a special person to be a dad. And I am so lucky to have two wonderful dads in my life--First my own dad and secondly the father of my children.

Thank you Dad for all that you have done for me over the years and all that you continue to do. You have always been my constant support system, whether it be showing up at all my sporting events to cheer me on, or being my ear to vent to when my kids are driving me nuts! I know it has not always been the easiest to raise girls and that there have been more than a few times when there was just an outright estrogen overload in our house, but thanks for weathering the storm--for painting my toenails with polka dots and doing my right hand before I was skilled enough to do it on my own; for always encouraging me in my endeavors whether it be soccer, basketball, painting, or fashion; for finally letting me graduate to "beverage girl" on yard work days and not making me dig in with the worms; for always standing up for me whether it be to a stupid soccer coach in 6th grade or to my retarded landlord--you always know how to put them in their place and defend your little girl; and for watching after Lincoln and making sure everything was going okay at home while Nathan and I were in the NICU with Corinne; and for so much more. You are always there for me when I need you and I am forever grateful for all of your love and support. Thank you for being such an awesome Dad and an even better Grandpa! Happy Father's Day--wish I was there to be your "beverage girl" today! I love you!































And next I come to Nathan, my wonderful husband, that we did not have the pleasure to spend Father's Day with, because he is away "fighting the bad guys at the airport" as Lincoln would put it. But what is important is that when he is home, he makes the most of it.
So to Nathan,
Thank you for being such a hands-on Dad to our kids and for being a part of their daily life and activities when you are here. Even when you are gone, fighting for our freedom, you always take the time to make us feel special in some way or another---whether it be a special phone call, surprise flowers for a birthday, or shaving that "dirty Chompy poopy off of your face" for our next video chat. Thank you for being the loving, supportive father that you are--for kissing owies; sharing your big boy toys with Lincoln; saving the last bite of ice cream for our kids (come on, I know it is hard on you because you hate to share food, but you do it anyway); letting Lincoln help you with projects even though it takes 3 times as long; for rocking them to sleep; for playing rough with them to burn out the last of their energy; for installing so many baby gates and cabinet locks that our house now resembles a jail and home of a member of over eaters anonymous; and for so much more, but mostly for loving us more than you love your self. Thank you so much for all the sacrifices you make for us. I know it is not easy to be away. It is certainly not easy having you gone, but we are so blessed to have a roof over our heads, food on the table, our bills paid, health insurance, etc. and that is all because of you! I could never ask for a better father for our children and a better role model. We love you and miss you! Happy Father's Day to our "Superhero"---what Lincoln now calls you after I tried to explain that you were "our hero" when he said he missed you and wanted you home.






























































































































































Happy Father's Day! Your present will be waiting for you when you get home!

No comments:

Post a Comment