Sunday, March 14, 2010

Week 4

Well we started out the week with Lincoln coming home from school with a fever! The weird thing was that it was just a fever and nothing else. Motrin brought it down for 6 hours and then it would shoot back up again. The worst part was that he wasn't sleeping. He would wake up in the middle of the night, not crying because he wasn't feeling good, but just wandering into my room saying "I need a water cup" and "this toy needs new batteries"! I mean come on child, it is 2 a.m. get in bed! Well after 2 nights of this night wandering and reluctance to nap, we were both on the verge of dying from exhaustion...or at least felt like it. Little Linc's eyes were completely bloodshot---so much to the point that the doctor thought he had pink eye at first! Well turns out that Motrin makes him wired! So I switched to Tylenol and he slept and napped relentlessly for the next two days and was as good as new, minus a slight rash that broke out after the fever. And his eyes cleared up instantly.


So needless to say, we did a whole lot of this.....
















Did I mention that after we got back from the doctor Lincoln locked me out of my room??? Yes, our wonderful landlord rents us the place with a lock on our bedroom door that can be triggered by a simple push of the button. However it is not one of those easy, slip a coin or pin in the slot and BAM the door opens. No, it requires a key that no one has! And he didn't lock himself in there, so I couldn't talk him through how to let me in. My lonely bed was calling my name for an afternoon nap and there was no hope of me getting in. So while I am running on 5 hours of sleep in a 48 hr. time period, my son proceeds to lock me out of my bed. GRRRRRRRRRRRR! I can't even email Nathan and ask him what to do because the computer is also in my bedroom! So I call Dad and he says try a bobbie pin. Hello, all my bobbie pins are in my bathroom! So one locksmith and $85 later, I now have 3 keys to my bedroom. I know it was an accident waiting to happen, but why or why did it have to happen on a day I so desperately needed my bed!


Luckily Corinne was a good sport through all of this and kept us entertained by doing laps around the love seat and offering us plastic food to snack on while I held Lincoln on the couch.





















24 hrs after his fever broke, we were all suffering from cabin fever and decided to get out and enjoy the sunshine!







































Saturday was looking bright with a trip to the Hobby Shop to paint some pottery with Aiden, Colin, and Riley.















The girls didn't do much painting...just a lot of snacking.
















No trip to base is complete without a visit to our favorite park!


















Lincoln has a serious "big kid" fascination and latched onto Collin right away.















They made a little music.
















And did some serious swinging!




















Sunday after church we decided to enjoy the sun make some pictures for Daddy outside.















They loved getting messy.
















Where is Corinne's bikini bottoms you might ask??? Well I got the brilliant idea to let her "air out" while we were outside and wear only her swimsuit and no diaper. That face of her in the exersaucer might look innocent, but it is in fact quite devious! She is pooping! Her whole "air out" session lasted a whopping 3 minutes.


Corinne decided she better "sample" the artwork before sending it off to Dad.



















What started out as finger painting....




















...quickly evolved into hand painting.
















Corinne really wanted to dive into finger painting too, but I was certain she would do some more sampling. How much of the nontoxic stuff can you eat before it becomes toxic??? It just wasn't worth the risk. Thus she was forced to observe on the sidelines.



















But I made it up to her by letting her try out Lincoln's ride on toy while he was napping!




















QUOTES OF THE WEEK:

Quote 1: Gotta love this kid for always looking out for his Dad's best interests.
(While walking out to the garage to get in the car)
Lincoln "Uh, oh Mama! I'm not seeing Daddy's two vrrooom, vrrooms!" (what he calls motorcycles)
Me "It's okay Lincoln. We moved them to storage. They're safe."
Lincoln "We need to go buy Daddy two new Vrooom, vrrooms!"

Quote 2: (While riding in the car and slapping his hands on his legs)
Me "Whoa, Lincoln you sound just like a galloping horse. Good job! Is that a galloping horse I hear back there?"
Lincoln (in a very serious voice)"No Mama, I am not a galloping horse! I am Lincoln!"

No comments:

Post a Comment