Saturday, March 6, 2010

The Woes of Renting!

I just have to give a big thanks to my wonderful husband who came to my rescue when the landlord, Bob, went on attack yesterday. I have never in my life written a bad check, but when you get an urgent email demanding a check for lawn service hours before your husband is set to deploy...you aren't really thinking straight. So I grabbed the nearest checkbook and scribbled off a dollar amount. Oops! Those checks were in the "shred" pile. We canceled that account. Sorry Bob, I will get it taken care of---but trust me I am good for the $7 service fee you were charged for my bad check! You will not "have to explore other measures with me in the future"!

I swear some people should really chose their words more carefully. Do not piss me off Bob! Do not insult my intelligence and treat me like a 5 year old. Next time you come calling to me complaining about direct deposits, make sure you have all your ducks in a row. You might want to bother checking your own bank account and realizing that you DID get the correct amount of rent money before you accuse me of not having my act together! I will pull out the big guns and sick my hubby on you as well.

You see, our lovely landlord is a retired engineer and a complete control freak. He refused to let us renew our lease until we signed up for lawn service, since he knew Nathan would not be taking care of the lawn anymore. However, he does not trust me to handle this on my own and hire the lovely high school boys next door. No, I have to fork over an additional $80 a month so he can take a tax cut!

You would think that somewhere along the lines of his engineering studies he would have learned a little something about cause and effect. CAUSE me to get mad Bob, and the EFFECT will be that I complain to Nathan and he rips you a new one! A wise woman (my mother) once told my hubby, before he was my hubby, the following: "If Abby is happy.....Everyone's happy!" This phrase is not to be taken lightly and has led to peace in our household. So FALL IN LINE BOB! Get with the program and stop wrongly accusing me of canceling the lawn service and skipping out on payments!

Lastly, you are no longer Bobdizzle. You once started out as "Bob the Builder" because you think you know everything about do-it-yourself projects. However, a trained eye can spot your horrible paint job a mile away. Nathan then renamed you Bobacadouche after arguing with me over painting murals. You rose up the ranks to Bobdizzle after sending us a generous $50 gift card to Outback Steakhouse along with a lovely note from your wife for Christmas. I regret to inform you that you are once again "Bobacadouche" for the way you talked to me on the phone. And will remain as such until you fix my dryer that is melting my clothes and/or offer to come spray for spiders the next time they plow the field behind the house! Sending my kids an Easter basket wouldn't hurt either!

Thank you Nathan for sicking your arsenal on Bobacadouche and saving us from what could have been an eviction, had I been forced to deal with this on my own. Love you mostest!

1 comment:

  1. I am sorry Abbs but cannot stop laughing at your blog.

    ReplyDelete